Former Miss Colombia dances again after leg amputation surgery


Miss Colombia 2011 Daniella Margarita Alvarez is a picture of strength and happiness after she uploaded a video of herself dancing with her brother following her leg amputation surgery in June.


Alvarez, 32, danced to the tune of Elvis Crespo's "Besos de Coral" as her arms were wrapped around her brother in a video she shared on Instagram July 6.


"Putting swing to life with my favorite partner @rickialvarezv. Difficulties don't matter! We must be resilient in life!!" said Alvarez in her caption which was translated from Spanish.


As of July 8, the video has been viewed 3,850,405 times. Alvares has 2.5 million followers on IG.


In June, the Colombian beauty queen underwent surgery to remove a mass in the abdomen. This resulted in her suffering from ischemia, meaning the blood supply to her left leg had been cut off. Because of that, doctors decided to amputate her leg.


"Here I go, my beautiful people, on my third day of recovery. I have not cried for a second (I think only once and went  from pain after surgery). I am happy to be in this world to enjoy life and you)," Alvarez said on IG.


Apart from modelling, the Colombian beauty owns a boutique. She is also a Unicef ambassador. Alvarez represented Colombia in the 2012 Miss Universe beauty pageant held in Las Vegas, Nevada. Olivia Culpo of the US won the prestigious pageant.




"I love my body the same as I did before. I am happy to be here in this world to experience the new challenges coming into my life. I know that, with the hand of God, I will be able to manage. Feet? Why do I need them if I have wings to fly?" she said.


Alvarez also thanked the doctors and hospital staff who took care of her.


"Today I thank the Lord, the Virgin Mary and all of you for always being there for me. My faith, inner peace and optimism come from God. 'The coming months will be difficult, but I am sure the best parts of my life are to come," she added.


The Mail Online said in its report that the businesswoman and TV presenter will have a prosthetic limb in the future to help her continue to "dance, run, ride my bike, swim, everything I like." - Robert R. Requintina












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards