Sharifa Akeel: What's next after Miss Asia Pacific International?



If there's one thing reigning Miss Asia Pacific International Sharifa Akeel is most proud of, it's the land property she bought for her poor family in Mindanao.

"I'm so happy because at an early age,  I've already paid in full the land property I bought for my family, " said Akeel during an exclusive interview after the Miss Asia Pacific International 2019 press presentation held at a posh hotel in Pasay City Tuesday.

After buying a piece of land, the 22-year-old beauty queen is now focused on building a small home. "Bahay naman po ngayon ang ipapatayo ko."

It is common knowledge that Akeel, former teacher, grew up in a shanty in Lebak, Sultan Kudarat.

Come Oct. 9, Akeel will turn over her crown to one of the 55 contestants in this year's Miss Asia Pacific International which will be held at Resorts World Manila in Pasay City.


Asked about the lessons learned in her pageant journey, Akeel said: "I learned about resiliency. I just ignore bashers. Most of all, I became a stronger person."

Akeel said that she will focus on modelling after her stint in MAPI. "I also want to open a small business related to fashion."

Her fans however do not want her to rest on her current laurels on pageantry.

After MAPI, Akeel's supporters want her to try her luck in Å¥he prestigious Bb. Pilipinas pageant soon. But the beauty queen said that she is not in a hurry to join other competitions. 

"I owe a lot to my supporters. I don't want to close any door or opportunity that will come my way. We will cross the bridge when we get there, " she said.

Akeel added: "Besides, I am still young. I still want to know what I really want in life and find out my capacity as a person." (Robert R. Requintina)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards