HOTNESS OVERLOAD: Nguyen Phuong Khanh



"When I was young I'd listen to the radio waitin' for my favorite songs. When they played I'd sing along it made me smile."

I could just imagine Miss Earth 2018 Nguyen Phuong Khanh singing her favorite song "Yesterday Once More" by The Carpenters. "I sing but I am not a singer," said the Vietnamese beauty queen, during an interview at Coffee Project at Symphony Towers in Timog, Quezon City Nov. 13.

Nguyen is in Manila once again to promote the new Miss Bikini Philippines 2019 beauty pageant which will hold its second and final screening at the Function Room of 515 Vista Shaw Residences on Saturday, Nov. 16, from 1 p.m. onwards. Also joining at the press launch were: Pro Media executive coordinators Aeryka Chu and Issa Abello.


The qualifications are: 17-25 years old,  at least 5'4 tall, and physically fit or in good form. Applicants are requested to bring 2-piece swimsuit, high-heeled shoes and should come with a light make-up during the screening.

Nguyen, 24, will be one of the judges during the finals of Miss Bikini Philippines 2019 which will be held at the AFP Theater in Quezon City on Nov. 28.

Here are some interesting facts about Nguyen, the first beauty queen from Vietnam who won a crown among four powerhouse beauty pageants in the world.


1) Best career advice for girls joining pageants - "You need to understand yourself and let the people understand you. And bring out your advocacy importantly."

2) Celebrity crush - "I don't know in the Philippines. In the world, Brad Pitt."

3) Aside from family, who are your inspirations? - "Michelle Obama. I just read her book 'Becoming.'


4) Favorite song - "Yesterday Once More by The Carpenters."

5) How were you as a kid? - "When I was a kid, I look like a boy. I look like my brothers. I was always wearing my brothers clothes. That's why most of the time, people said that my family has three boys no girls."

6) Favorite movie - "La La Land."

7) Favorite evening gown you wore in the pageant? - "My favorite gown is the gown I wore when I was crowned Miss Earth 2018."


8) Do you still remember the first time you wore make-up? - "I was 18. That's the first time my brother did make-up on me. It was a fancy make-up."

9) What are the things that make you uncomfortable? - "Awkward silence. I don't to see the people around me having awkward silence. Usually I'm the one who talks all the time asking questions to keep the conversation going among people."

10) Favorite quotation - "No rain, no flower. It means there will be bad days, and there are times that you need to get through to make yourself a better person." - Robert Requintina/Images courtesy of Nguyen Phuong Khanh Instagram and Edmund Ong Chua.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards