Mariah Carey: 'Oh my God!'



It came as a surprise for singer-actress Mariah Carey to be named as the top female solo artist of all-time.

"Oh, my God. To see the success on all the different charts, to hear you say that is mind-blowing. I never, ever dreamt of this when I first started. I just wanted to hear my songs on the radio," said Carey in an interview for Billboard Magazine following the release of the top 10 artists of all time during the 125th anniversary of the Billboard charts in Nov. 15.

Carey also thanked the Billboard for the recognition.

On Facebook, the chanteuse said: "Happy Anniversary Billboard! 🥂This acknowledgement means so much to me. Thank you for recognizing me (and my little song babies😉) with this achievement 🙏"

Asked if her kids knew her 18 No. 1 songs, Carey said: "I quiz them on a lot of different people’s songs -- Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, Michael Jackson, Prince. They’ll get it right. And they can recognize my voice. They love “Always Be My Baby,” “All I Want for Christmas Is You,” “We Belong Together.” They surprise me with the songs that they know. They’ve been to a lot of the shows -- you always think they’re on their iPads rather than paying attention, but I guess they’re paying attention!"

The full article on Carey appears in the Nov. 16 issue of Billboard.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards