Michelle Dee ready for Miss World 2019 beauty pageant in London



Miss World Philippines 2019 Michelle Dee is all set to represent the Philippines at 69th Miss World beauty pageant which will be held at ExCel Arena in London, United Kingdom on December 14.

During press-send off held at Nanka Restaurant in Quezon City last Nov. 13, Michelle said that her mother former Miss International Melanie Marquez is part of her rigorous training for the Miss World 2019 pageant.

"She's very hands on and I am grateful because sa dami ng inaasikaso ko ngayon, she's always there for me. We talk a lot about preparations and she has many insights on my performances," said Michelle.

She said that her mom wanted her to focus on the pasarela. "She always criticizes my walk. But she never took part in my question-and-answer training."

Beyond that, Melanie advised her daughter to be true to herself all the time.

"My mom always believes that you have to be yourself. She never told me to be fake. I've said this in Miss World Philippines that she always emphasizes on being true to who you are," she said.

Michelle added: "In terms of preparations naman, she has many things to say about my walk, about my talent, anything a mom would normally do. She normally sees what other people do not see. But she's supporting everything she can to make everything in order, and she's talking to countless designers for them to contribute to my set of wardrobes."

Melanie failed to attend the press send-off for her daughter due to tight shooting schedule for her popular GMA 7 primetime teleserye "One of the Baes."

But Michelle said that her mom and her family, including her father Derek Dee and some of her Miss World Philippines sisters, would be cheering for her in London. "It's going to be a big Team Philippines in Miss World."  Michelle leaves for London on Nov. 19.

OFF TO MISS WORLD 2019 IN LONDON - Miss World Philippines 2019 Michelle Dee poses with Miss World Philippines Arnold Vegafria during press send-off at Nanka Restaurant on Roces Avenue in Quezon City Nov. 13. Dee will represent the Philippines at 69th Miss World beauty pageant in London on Dec. 14. (Photo by Edmund Ong Chua)

Asked about the fast-track event she focused on, Michelle said: "Definitely sports. That's one of the things I focused on Miss World because I think it's my strongest advantage because I do sports all of my life. Winning the sports challenge will solidify me as being an athlete. Baka puwede na akong professional athlete after that."

"Other than that, I also focus on top model because I have experienced that as well," she added.

Through Miss World pageant, Michelle said that she plans to make giant steps in advancing her autism advocacy.

"Currently, my focus is on autism awareness and the work I've been doing  with Autism Society of the Philippines. We've been working closely in making the Philippines an 'autism-Ok' nation through various activities," she said.

An early favorite for the Miss World crown, as forecasts by various pageant websites, Michelle has enlisted some of the country's stylemeisters to ensure her winning looks.

"Francis Libiran is making my final gown and national costume. I am also grateful for the other designers who have contributed to my wardrobe for pre-pageant activities like Renee Salud, Nono Palmos, Chris Nick, Jojo Bragais and a lot more," said Michelle.

Miss World Philippines national director Arnold Vegafria said that Michelle has the winning look to be the next Miss World.

"Her Filipina looks, plus her experience as an actress and model are definitely a big plus, and I think her heart is in the right place when it comes to her personal advocacy," said Vegafria.

In the 68-year-history of Miss World, the Philippines has already captured the title once.

Actress-model Megan Lynne Young was crowned as the first Filipina Miss World in Bali, Indonesia in 2013. (Robert R. Requintina)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards