Wow! 2013 Miss Universe Gabriela Isler In The Philippines


2013 Miss Universe Gabriela Isler smiles during a press conference at the Sofitel last March 27, 2014. Isler said that she wants to comeback to the country and explore the island.





Reigning Miss Universe Maria Gabriela Isler of Venezuela admits that the Philippines has become a tough competitor in major beauty pageants abroad as she admires the outpouring support of Filipinos to beauty queens.
On the eve of the 2014 Bb. Pilipinas beauty contest, Isler said that she would not be surprised if a Filipina will be crowned Miss Universe later this year.
"Of my God, yes! And also all the public, for example, in my Miss Universe. You can hear all the Philippines fans just clapping! My God! (And there are) just four Venezuelan people. just my family, and all the fans from the Philippines! And I think since four years ago, the Philippines is going to the top four, top three, so its always more close to getting the title as Miss Universe. So I think all the countries are getting, "Okay, Philippines is a big contestant,' " Isler said, in an interview with ABS-CBN, major broadcast partner of the Bb. Pilipinas beauty pageant.
Isler, 26, says that winning the beauty pageant will all depend on the girls. "I would like to give a chance to other countries and it depends on the girls. So we'll see during the live show! I have faith in the Philippines.''
She added that she is very excited to be one of the judges in the 2014 Bb. Pilipnas contest tonight.
"I think it's not an easy job. But I will enjoy it. It's always fine to be on the other part of the stage. Because as a contestant, you're always, 'Oh my God!' So to be on the other side, you can see all the girls enjoy now so I will know a little bit more about the Philippines culture through the show, through the telecast. So I'm happy, I'm excited,'' said Isler, Venezuela's seventh Miss Universe.
 She also gave a winning tip to the 40 candidates competing in the Bb. Pilipinas beauty contest tonight.
"I think the most important is confidence. I think that you can have a lot of beauty, face, make-up, you can fix it with a dress, you can look so pretty. But if you don't have confidence, if you don't believe in yourself, you don't have this charm, it;s not going to happen. So I think that the first thing that I'll be looking for as a judge will be confidence,'' Isler explained.
Yesterday, Isler and other officials of the Miss Universe Organization and the Bb. Pilipinas Charities Inc. visited Coron, Palawan which was one of the areas hardest hit by typhoon Yolanda late last year.
"One of my goals here is to visit one of the communities affected by typhoon 'Yolanda' in Coron. I feel so honored, I feel so grateful and blessed to have this chance to give some happiness to these people. Also, I want to remind people around the world --- don't forget these people. They need your help. I feel so blessed to have this chance,'' she said.
Asked how she would like to be remembered as Miss Universe, Isler said: "I don't want to be remembered as Miss Universe. I just want to be remembered as a human being. I'm a single girl. I'm just a normal girl. I just want to be a role model. I just want other girls to see that I have strong values that my family gave me. I'm very simple, honest and humble. And when you're humble, you can have all the success that you want.''
Tonight's five winners will go on to represent the Philippines in major beauty pageants later this year  --- Miss Universe, Miss International, Miss Supranational, Miss Tourism Queen International and the newest title Miss Intercontinental. --- reposted from my article in the Manila Bulletin, March 30, 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards