Sophia Senoron wins Miss Multinational 2018 pageant



Sophia Senoron, a varsity debater of San Beda University, was crowned Miss Multinational 2018 during a pageant held in New Delhi, India on Monday night, February 26.

Senoron was crowned by Arnold Vegafria, franchise director of Miss World Philippines pageant. The national director of the winning delegate has been tasked to crown the winner.

Prior to this, Senoron said that she is ready to compete in the inaugural beauty pageant.


"I want to take this positively. I want to show the Philippines that I'm ready for this. I'm not that little girl anymore. I'm well-rounded now, I feel like I'm complete, I'm confident that I have the best shot that I have in India," said Senoron when asked how ready she was for the pageant, during send-off held at Full Belly Restaurant in Timog, Quezon City recently.

When asked to expound on the Miss Multinational contest, Senoron said: "Miss Multinational pageant is just like your regular international pageant. There's swimsuit, national costume, long gown and also a pre-pageant which will determine the semi-finalists. We have lots of activities, we'll be touring India and I'm excited about that. We will immerse in their culture which is wonderful."

At 17, Arnold Vegafria, Philippine franchise director for the Miss World Philippines contest, said that Senoron could be the youngest candidate in the upcoming international beauty contest.


Asked if it's an advantage or disadvantage to be young in the pageant, the Filipino beauty queen replied: "This is nothing new to me. Even in class I used to be the youngest. I'm always the youngest in everything. I think it's neither an advantage or disadvantage because age is just a number. It's about your personality, what you can do for your country and how determined you are and your respect for other countries."

Senoron graduated with honors in the elementary in the US. In high school, she finished class salutatorian. She is now on third year taking up finance at San Beda University where is also a member of the San Beda Debate Society.

Despite her high grades in San Beda, Senoron has been disqualified to graduate with Latin honors because she stopped for one semester in college to attend to her duties with Miss World Philippines.

"You have to be a regular student to receive Latin honors in San Beda. In my case, I'm already disqualified because I did not attend my classes for one semester because of Miss World Philippines pageant," said Senoron.

But the debater said that she is determined to become a lawyer in the future.

"I plan to become a lawyer no matter what happens. I carry that dream with me since I was around five years old. I just saw law books in my school library and ever since, I wanted to become a lawyer. The idea of helping people at what I do best which is speaking is what appeals to me so much," she said.

Senoron admitted she is not an ordinary teenager. "I belong to the generation which is more practical. We are in this world that's fast moving, we become more practical, and as we become more practical, we immerse ourselves in reading, in studying because the world is too harsh if you are not intelligent. I think intelligence is the competition these days. You have to be competent and  confident in what you know in order to survive."

An only child, Senron said that she has found her new sisters in Miss World Philippines "It's very lonely, super lonely (being an only child). But I found my new sisters in Miss World Philippines. I talk to them, we video chat and we call each other. So I think I'm never alone."

Senoron said that she is not spoiled even if she's an only child.

"No. They taught me not to be spoiled because I was taught that nothing's gonna come easy," she said.

Senoron stands 5'4 and weighs 109 lbs. Her past-time are reading and debating. "I train in debating usually around five times a week. But because of my obligations for Miss World Philippines, I cut it down to 2-3 (times a week). I love to read. Because I am going to India, I decided to read a  book by a prominent Indian author called 'Development of Freedom.' It's by Amartya Sen."

Aside from Vegafria, beauty queens who joined the send-off were reigning Miss World Philippines Laura Lehmann, Reina Hispanoamericana 2017 Teresita Marquez, Miss Eco Philippines Cynthia Thomalla and 1st Runner-Up Glyssa Perez. - ROBERT REQUINTINA


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards