Zara Carbonell: 'I'm excited for next year'



Is Miss World Philippines 2017 Second Princess Zara Carbonell done with beauty pageants?

At the thanksgiving party held at the Salu Restaurant on Timog Avenue in Quezon City last September 9, Carbonell said that it would be too early to decide on any pageant opportunities these days.

In the meantime, Carbonell is on a decision break. What makes her busy these days is promoting her advocacy on self-awareness.

"It's too early to say but I am actually excited for next year. I am just on a decision break," said Carbonell.


The Miss World Philippines 2017 Second Princess said that she is busy these days with her advocacy on self-awareness.

"I am already met with National Youth Commission and we are planing to collaborate on my advocacy. We are planning to start school tours for this project," she said.

Carbonell said that her family and friends really helped her journey at the Miss World Philippines 2017 contest.



"S'yempre lahat naman kami we were there to win. However, I know where I came from and I knew that coming in to the pageant, I was one of the underdogs. You guys knew it.

"It was really a tough line. To have even been part of the Top 6 was such a long shot but I made it.

"And so at the end of the day, I am just very grateful that I got to be there. But also I feel like it was a stepping stone to something," she said.


Carbonell recalled those wonderful moments before the grand coronation night of the prestigious beauty contest.

"The day before the pageant, we rehearsed the whole day. Meron namang beauty rest because we were dismissed early.

"Tapos I had dinner with my family so that I could surround myself with good energy. At the end of the day, if you know what your foundation is, that's gonna reflect to your performance. I made sure that I enjoyed every single moment.


"Palabas na ng stage, I was waiting, gosh kaba! But nothing at all. I performed a lot of times and that's when I realized I super love the people I was with. I could hear people chanting my name. I could see my mom, my lolo, and I could feel the strong support system.

Now that the Miss World Philippines 2017 pageant is over, is she ready to fall in love again?

"It's been four years. Siguro pag retired na ako sa pageant. Tsaka na s'ya. I have the rest of my life to figure that out," said Carbonell, eldest daughter of actor Cris Villanueva and former fashion model turned businesswoman Zhar Carbonell. - ROBERT REQUINTINA





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards