16 desirable men vie for Mr World PHL 2018 pageant



Whatta men!

The 16 official candidates for the Mr. World Philippines 2018 contest were finally presented to the media during a presentation held at the Resorts World Manila September 4.

They are Joy Jerome Evangelita, Jody Baines Saliba, Karl Louie Aragon, Abdullah Sharif Cheng, Denver Hernandez, Wilfred Placencia Jr., Reymart Regis, Maro Poli, Robin Hanrath, Mark Jero Bagaporo, Miguel de Castro, Amir Don Abbo, Ricardo De Jesus, Joshua Reginald Batatin, Mark Cosimo and Ameen Sardouk.


Asked what the Mr World Philippines is looking for, Arnold Vegafria, Mr. World Philippines National Director, says: I am looking for the most desirable man in the Philippines. A man that has an x-factor not just with good looks but with good un-explainable personality. He will become the ambassador of the organization. But I'm really looking for someone who has a good attitude."

Bessie Besana, Mr. World Philippines General Manager, says: "We are looking for someone who can represent the Philippines from a perspective of male pageantry.  I'm looking for someone who is holistic, well-rounded, not just good looks. We also embrace diversity."


Cash prizes, management contracts plus the chance to represent the Philippines in male pageants abroad await the winners. The winner will represent the country in the Mr World contest which will be held in Manila in January 2018

"We are happy to announce that we have partnered with Mr. Supranational which will happen on Dec. 8 in Poland. And the third crown is Mr. Eco International. I am happy to announce that the owners of Mr. Eco International will be flying to the Philippines to watch Mr. World Philippines. So yung focus nila nasa atin. So that's three titles. We're still closing more title. Tignan lang natin kung makakahabol pa," says Besana.

Vegafria also says that the winner will sign up for Regal Films but the television network is still being negotiated. "The movie is definitely Regal Films. With television, it's not yet definite which network they will sign."



The cash prize for Mr. World Philippines is P250,000. The other crowns are P100,000. "Of course, we also have a contract from ALV Talent Circuit worth P1 million. For Regal Films it's also P1 million contract. For television, I am still negotiating with the big networks that are interested to get the winners."

Besana says: "The good thing about it is that kadikit namin ang ALV Talents so it doesn't stop from being a winner of Mr. World Philippines. There's opportunity and it's endless."

POP NEWS MANILA randomly picks eight contestants as we ask them the most beautiful woman in the world and their edge over the other candidates. Here's what they say:

                                                                      Marco Poli

The most beautiful woman - "Aside from my mother, the most beautiful woman is Megan Young because she's one of my idols and I want to follow her footsteps (in terms of popularity)."

Edge over the other candidates - "As much as possible I try my best to stay in the highest level. I'm hardworking. I think that's my edge."


                                                              Raymart Regis

The most beautiful woman - "Nanay ko. Bukod sa kanya, Liza Soberano. Lahat idolo siya."

Edge over the other candidates - "Sa katawan wala po siguro ako. Sa charm na lang."


                                                              Jody Baines Saliba

Most beautiful woman - "The most beautiful woman for me is still my mother. Next to my mother is my four younger sisters. Probably one of my good friends is Megan Young. She's also from Subic. I'm good friends with her mom and her sisters."

Edge over the other candidates - "I'm always eager. I always try new things all the time. And when I try new things, I actually make it worth my while. I'm always in it to win it. I'm very competitive talaga.  I also have this advocacy to share the people at sana makatulong."


                                                               Wilfred Placiencia Jr.

Most beautiful woman - "I would like to think it's my mother. In the entertainment industry, I look up to Liza Soberano. She's a good role model."

Edge over the other candidates - "I best represent the true Filipino gentleman."


                                                                      Karl Aragon

Most beautiful woman - "Siyempre may mother because she gave life to me. Bukod sa mother ko, my grandmother."

Edge over the other candidates - "May determinasyon po ako sa sarili ko. Pleasing personality. Lahat naman kami may physique pero ako I can accept my failures. Dati sumali ako sa Mr Grand International Philippines. This time gagamitin ko yung mga natutunan ko run.''

                                                                   Miguel de Castro

Most beautiful woman - "My mother because she raised me with a good attitude."

Edge over the other candidates - "I have the passion and dedication to do more."


                                                            Joy Jerome Evangelista

Most beautiful woman - "My mother kasi tinitignan ko po ang aspeto ng kagandahan hindi sa pisikal kundi sa talino, sakripisyo, pagmamahal sa amin para maitaguyod ang aming edukasyon at turuan kami ng kagandahang asal."

Edge over the other candidates - "Hindi po ang aking physique o katawan. Hindi rin po wisdom. Ang akin pong edge ay ang Holy Spirit na nararamdaman ko sa aking katauhan. Ang akin pong layunin ay makatulong sa kapwa at maging mabassador ng mabuting layunin."


                                                                  Ricardo de Jesus

Most beautiful woman - "I think it's Pia Wurtzbach because aside from physical aspect, her advocacy and how she represents herself make her more beautiful."

Edge over the other candidates - "Aside from good looks and good body, my edge is I am more experienced as a model. Aside from that I have a full time job as marketing manager. I'm also taking up my masters degree at the Ateneo. I also have this advocacy on how to help graduating students answer questions during interviews."








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards