After Miss Asia Pacific, what's next for Francielly Ouriques?



Reigning Miss Asia Pacific International Francielly Ouriques of Brazil is set to transfer her crown on Oct. 4.

But Francielly says that she is not ready to rest her laurels on pageants: she is planning to join the Miss Universe beauty contest next year.

"I have been thinking about a couple of pageants that I want to participate. The one thing that I'm thinking about is Miss Universe next year. Now I am a little bit afraid of the exposure that it will give to me so I'm still thinking about it. Let's see if this works out. But Miss Universe is the one I'm looking forward to," says Francielly, during an exclusive interview upon her arrival at the NAIA 1 in Paranaque City last June 25.

MISS ASIA PACIFIC INT'L BACK IN MANILA - Reigning Miss Asia Pacific International Francielly Ouriques of Brazil is welcomed by Onin Mas (right) and Vicky Bugayong (left), International Relations Division directors of Miss Asia Pacific International, upon her arrival at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Paranaque City. (Noli Berioso/OPMB Worldwide)

Speaking through an interpreter Jonathan Schneiders, Fancielly says that she will continue her modelling career outside of Brazil after her stint in the Miss Asia Pacific International contest.

"I have two main plans. I will continue modelling ether in Mexico or Istanbul, mainly outside of Brazil. I have one more year to participate in other beauty pageants. I guess this is what I'll be doing as well. But I'll be investing my time in modelling," she says.

The 26-year-old beauty queen adds that she might open another business after her make-up brand folded up.


"Since I have plans of continuing my modelling career outside of Brazil, it was also that I decided to close my cosmetics business there. Maybe next time, I'll go back to Brazil and open a new business, most likely in the same field," she says.

Francielly is in the Philippines to promote the 50th foundation of the Miss Asia Pacific International pageant.


After enduring a 35-hour flight from Brazil to Manila, Francielly says that she is excited for the Filipino hospitality accorded her in 2017.

"I'm looking for the same hospitality of the Filipino people that I received last year. I felt so welcome in this country. This time I hope that it would be even better this year. I wasn't able to feel homesick so welcome that I felt here," she says.

Winning the Miss Asia Pacific International gave her wonderful opportunities in her country, she adds.


"It has been a very good time for me since I won the crown of Miss Asia Pacific because this title gave me a lot of visibility in my country and my modelling career has boomed. Now I feel that visibility, stability as a model and a beauty queen has grown much as it was before with this title. I have been very busy with a lot of work," says Francielly.

But the Brazilian beauty admits she is jealous of the next girl who will be crowned Miss Asia Pacific International at the Resorts World Manila on November 29.

"First of all I would be very jealous because I'm a jealous person. But I also hope that the person who win the crown this year be somebody who really deserves it, somebody who is dedicated, exerts a lot of efforts into promoting the Miss Asia Pacific mission and work well with the organization to make sure that the crown is well-deserved and well promoted everywhere," she says. - ROBERT REQUINTINA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards