Candid Shot: Dr. Risa Caldoza-De Leon



Dr. Risa Caldoza-De Leon, owner of Vanity Skin Aesthetics Dermatology Clinic, is set to crown her successor at the Mrs. Tourism International 2018 beauty pageant in Dapitan City on Oct. 20. But she confirms that it is not the end of her stint in pageants.

“After I turnover my crown, siguro quiet life first. And then bonding with my kids kasi the past two years have been very hectic. In 2020, I have to talk to Ovette (Ricalde) again. I might (join). For the last time na lang,” says the inspiring doctor-beauty queen.


Risa, 47, has also been encouraged by her friends to join politics because of her charisma and kind-heart. But she says she's not born to rule the crazy world of politics.

"I love politics but I don't want to be a politician. I’d rather help people and I don’t have to be in a position to do that. I still do medical missions in Pasay City and other programs," she says.

Asked what makes her aesthetics clinic centers of the popular clinics in the country, Risa says: "I believe that I have to walk my talk. So if I espouse beauty, I have to look that way also."

Get to know more about this empowering personality as she sat down with POP NEWS PHILIPPINES for an exclusive chat. - ROBERT R. REQUINTINA


1) The best part about being a mom?
“Seeing my children to be God-fearing and kind.’’

2) Favorite song/s.
“Love songs. Barry Manilow songs.”

3) Favorite movie/s.
"Superman"

4) Advice to future mothers.
Marry right the first time.”

5) Places/countries you want to explore in the future?
“I want to see Finland.”

6) Anything that’s a total turn-off?
Men who are not articulate.”

7) Celebrities you want to meet.
Brad Pitt.”

From left: Ovette Ricalde, owner, Mrs. Tourism Pageants; Myla Villagonzalo Tsutaichi, Mrs. Tourism Philippines 2018; and Dr. Risa Caldoza-De Leon, Mrs. Tourism International 2017.

8) Greatest lesson/s learned in life so far.
“That life is short and you have to enjoy every moment. But you are accountable to everything you do.”

9) One thing that needs to be modernized.
“Women empowerment in aesthetics because ngayon pa lamang siya nasa main stream. Empowering the choices of women.”

10) Misconceptions about yourself that need to be corrected?
“That I’m high maintenance. I‘m not. I’m very, very low maintenance. I eat fish balls, I go anywhere. It doesn’t have to be sosyal. Wala talaga.”

11) What is love?
“Hindi ko alam kasi naghiwalay na ako twice.’ hahaha But love is my children."

12) Things on your Bucket List?
"Before 50, I wanna join one more pageant. I want to take voice lessons, dive; and  I want to visit other countries with my children and grandchildren."

13) Your message to the girlfriends of your sons?
"They better be sure to take care of my sons. If not, akin na lang ang mga sons ko."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards