Mariah Carey: The artists she loves, respects, and hates



Mariah Carey, one of the biggest-selling artists of all time, is set to thrill her fans in Manila once again when she performs at the Smart Araneta Coliseum in Cubao, Quezon City on October 26.

Just like the rest of us, Mariah has several artists she really looks up to. She idolizes them and listens to their music.

But like a real diva, the "Hero" artist is no stranger to throwing shades at some of the big stars in the industry. Her dramatic words "I don't know her" have already sparked discussions among music fans.

Get to know some of the artists Mariah loves, the big stars she knows, and the celebrities who really get on her nerves, based on official newspaper and magazine interviews and television appearances. Let's begin with the artists she really loves and respects! - ROBERT REQUINTINA

On Stevie Wonder: 'Stevie Wonder is my favorite artist of all time.'

On Aretha Franklin: 'Aretha Franklin is one of my favorite singers ever.'

On Michael Jackson's death: 'I am heartbroken. My prayers go out to the Jackson family, and my heart goes out to his children. Let us remember him for his unparalleled contribution to the world of music, his generosity of spirit in his quest to heal the world and the joy he brought to his millions of devoted fans throughout the world. I feel blessed to have performed with him several times and to call him my friend. No artist will ever take his place. His star will shine forever. – Mariah'

On Prince's death: 'I'll never get over it.'

    On Britney Spears: 'We had a whole conversation, she's a really nice girl. I love Britney Spears!'

On Beyonce's pregnancy in 2017: 'Congrats Bey and Jay!!! I’m so happy for you both. Having twins is the most incredible experience ever! Love, Mariah and the twins.'

On death of Celine Dion's husband: 'I’m heartbroken for you and your family upon hearing the [devastating] news about Rene. I know there’s nothing I can say to take the pain away but I’m sure the memories will comfort you now and always. My deepest condolences to you and your family. Love always, Mariah.'

On Madonna: 'Never had a conversation with her. Honestly....I really respect what she has done as an artist with her career. I look at that as that is her doing and I think that's great.'



THE ARTISTS MARIAH CAREY CALLS 'SWEET GIRLS' OF MUSIC

On Lady Gaga: 'She came to my show. She was very sweet. She came in and we had a little conversation. We've met and we had a conversation in my dressing room. I enjoyed the moment.'

On Taylor Swift: "Very nice girl. Met her once. She was very sweet. She came up to me.'



MARIAH CAREY'S CURRENT FEUDS

On Jennifer Lopez: 'I don't know her'

On Nicki Minaj: 'It was like going to work every day in Hell with Satan.'

On Demi Lovato: 'I don't know her either. And so I wouldn't say anything to her. She should come up and introduce herself to me, say here is my opinion, what do you think about it? That's how you handle sh*t.'

On Ariana Grande: 'Honestly, I’m not familiar. I listen to hip-hop more than I listen to pop music.'





























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards