Pia Wurtzbach teases: 'I have a never-say-die story'



Filipino-German beauty queen Pia Wurtzbach made us proud when she won Miss Universe in Las Vegas, Nevada in 2015.

But Pia teases that it is not the end of her story. She says that she's doing something that will make us proud of her again.

"I  think  a  lot  of  people  know  already  my  story  in  Binibini.  I  kept  trying  and  finally  made  it  here.  Beyond  that,  what  are  the  new  things  that  I’m  going  to  do.  That’s  what  I  am  working  on  right  now.  I  want  to  continue  to  make  all  of  you  proud.  I  do  have  a  never-say-die  story  because  of  my  story  when  I  joined  Ms.  Universe,  but  it’s  not  the  end  of  my  story.  Abangan  niyo na lang,”  says Pia, at  the launch  of  the  Ginebra  San  Miguel  Calendar  Girl  2019 Isla  ballroom  of  EDSA  Shangri-La  hotel recently.


Pia says it is an honor to endorse an iconic and respected brand which has been in the market for over 185 years now.

“I  am  so  honored  to  be  part  of  this  well  respected  brand.  It  is  really  recognized  all  over  the  world.  Itong  sa  Ginebra  San Miguel,  medyo  special  case ito;

"Kasi  a  few  months  ago,  syempre  tiningnan  ko  sarili  ko  sa  salamin.  Napansin  ko,  ‘medyo,  girl,  hindi  na  medyo  Miss  Universe  figure  mo  ha’.  After  nalaman  ko  na  kukunin  ako  ng  GSM,  I  promise,  I  will  deliver.  Just  give  me  a  few  weeks.” 

Manager of Ginebra San Miguel Noli Macalalag joins Wurtzbach on stage to present to her a simple token: a commemorative GSM bottle to officially welcome her to the Ginebra San Miguel family.

Pia adds she pushed  herself  to workouts. From  regular  gym  session  to  high  intensity  workouts,  she  made  sure  she  still  has  fun.

Pinaghandaan  ko  ito.  Nag  train  ako.  Di  ko  dinaya.  Inisip  ko  kasi  dapat  maganda  ako  sa  camera.  Pero  while  I  was  doing  it,  I  realized,  kailangan  maganda  rin  pakiramdam  ko.  I  think  yun  yung  mas  importante  talaga.  So  thank  you,  na  push  ako  ng  Ginebra," she says.

Pia explains that she sought first the permission of her talent agency, the International Management Group which organizes the annual Miss Universe beauty contest, where she is still signed up as one of the models.


The beauty queen was  quick  to  share  that  Ginebra  San  Miguel  is  a  Monde  Selection  Gold  Awardee  and  recognized  by  Drinks  International  and  Wines  and  Spirits  Competition  as  the  World’s  Largest  Selling  Gin  Brand.

“This  became  the  final  pitch  na  sobrang  nagustuhan  ng  IMG  (International  Management  Group).  Nag  yes  sila  kaagad  kasi  kilala  nila  ang  brand  and  this  is  the  world’s  largest  selling  gin  brand.  So  they  said  yes  right  away,  and  syempre,  I  said  yes!"

This is the first time that Pia accepted  an  endorsement  that  requires  wearing  swimsuits  outside  the  pageant  world.


“Ginebra  San  Miguel  is  an  internationally  recognized  brand.  I  am  really  happy  to  be  here.  Thank  you  so  much  for  making  me  part  of  this  family.  My  favorite  drink  is  actually  gin  and  tonic.  I  like  to  add  juniper  berries  and  peppercorn.  That  is  my  signature  drink.  My  best  friend  actually  makes  it  for  me.  Now,  I  would  like  to  call  it  the  Pia  drink.”  True  enough,  everyone  was  treated  to  a  Pia  drink  right  after  she  revealed  her  favorite  G&T  drink.

During the big reveal, the  guests  were guided through  all  the  calendar  sheets  shown  on  the  big  screen.  The  first,  with  her  in  a  red  swimsuit  holding  the  classic  gin  since  1834.  Second  is  Pia  in  blue,  showcasing  GSM  Blue  flavors.

National  Sales  Manager  Allan  Mercado  and  National  Marketing  Manager  Ronald  Molina also joined on  stage with  Ginebra San Miguel General Manager Noli Macalalag  and Wurtzbach for  a  celebratory  toast.


Macalalag  leads: “Isang  tagay  sa  tunay  na  tapang  ni  Pia,  ang  ating 2019  Ginebra  San  Miguel  Calendar  Girl.  At  isang  tagay  para  sa  mga  Pilipino.  Pilipino  tayo.  Matapang  tayo.  Ginebra  tayo.  Cheers!”

Guests  got  to  enjoy  handcrafted  drinks  from  the  Ginebra  San  Miguel  Bar  1834  with  offerings  of  Ginebra  San  Miguel  Gin  and  Tonic,  GSM  Blue  Light  Gin  Tom  Collins,  GSM  Premium  Gin  Calamansi  Surprise,  Primera  Light  Brandy  Sky  Prisma,  Vino  Kulafu  Kulmix,  Antonov  Vodka  Cosmopolitan,  Añejo  Medium  Rum  Cuba  Libre,  GSM  Blue  Flavors  Margarita  Slush,  and  GSM  Blue  Flavors  Gin  Pomelo  Slush.  They  even  got  to  bring  home  a  customized  bottle  of  Ginebra  with  their  photo  printed  on  the  label,  courtesy  of  the  Tatak  Ginebra  booth.  Overflowing  food  and  drinks  were  also  served.

 Ginebra  San  Miguel  Calendar  2019  will  soon  be  released  in  stores  and  dealers  nationwide. - ROBERT REQUINTINA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards