Marilou Tolico-VIllanueva is PH bet in Mrs. Universe




Marilou Tolico-Villanueva of Cebu City has been chosen to represent the Philippines in the 2017 Mrs. Universe beauty pageant which will be held in Durban City, South Africa from Aug. 26-Sept. 3.


Villanueva, 40, who has four kids, was personally handpicked by Francisco Z. Blanco Jr., Philippine national director for Mrs. Universe contest.



This year's Mrs. Universe contest has for its theme "Women of the World Against Violence and Human Trafficking."

Here's a portion of our interview on our Philippine representative to the prestigious pageant at the Icon Hotel on Timog Avenue in Quezon City on April 7.

* Any regrets when you were single?

"No. There's no regrets. Whatever I have decided or every time I decide, I see to it that I will just do my best in everything. And I will really give it all  para walang regrets. That's why there's no regrets at all."


* Who are the people you admire?

"I admire my mom the most. Without her, or if not because of her, I'm not like this. I'm not this confident.  She really taught me how to love God above all."




* What would you like to promote about the Philippines?

I would like to promote our tourism because the Philippines is really a beautiful country. I would also like to promote our skills like those in the BPO companies so nag-i-invest po talaga sa atin. And it terms of enterprising, we have lots of resources here."

Would you say you have everything in life now now?

"I have everything in life. I have my family, I have my friends who are very supportive, real friends and I can feel their sincerity. And that's the most important in life. I will really do best.I every aspect of life, we all have to do our best. You have to give it all."


Did you ever consider doing appearing on television or movies?

"I did some commercials, print ads and television."

What are your basic preparations?

"I go to the gym five times a week for my training.I have trainer.I really have to prepare." - Robert R. Requintina


* Images courtesy of Jay Patao, Joy Arguil and Jenny Guinto.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards