Mixed martial artist Ali Khatibi debuts in 'Double Barrel'



Mixed martial arts fighter Ali Khatibi has said that he becomes more of a man whenever he avoids temptations.

"It's true sinabi ko 'yun na you become more of a man if you could resist and say no to temptations. 'Yun kasi yung mga mahihirap gawin in life to say no, you know what I mean," said Khatibi, during an interview on "Tonight With Boy Abunda" on ABS CBN.

Khatibi, husband of actress Cristine Reyes, told the late-night program how he resists temptations.

"Pag may temptation, tumalikod ka and walk away as soon as you feel it. Just go the other way," the Filipino-Iranian athlete said.


Khatibi also said that he is faithful to his wife. "Yes, Very much."

He also describes his family as "a pot of gold."

"I see my family na sila po 'yung treasure ko talaga. Sila yung wealth ko, sila yung importante sa akin," Khatibi said.


Khatibi appeared on the show to promote his first movie "Double Barrel." He said: "It's my first movie. It's under Viva. Its directed by Toto Natividad. Kasama ko po dito si Phoebe Walker. AJ Muhlach and Jeric Raval." It will be shown on Aug. 2.

Asked how he prepared for the movie, Khatibi said: "The physical stuff, I think I was ready for that kasi I did my own stunts, nag mo motor ako, shooting. Pero mas pinaghandaan ko po yung character. "

Khatibi said that his wife helped him prepare for his screen debut.

"She told me dapat talaga pag aralan mo ang character mo. Do the research. I'm a police officer here. Nag research po talaga ako how the police would interact with people and paano nila dinadala ang sarili nila," he said.


Khatibi also said that he loves to work with his wife in future projects.

"I'd love to work with my wife kasi obviously I've learned from her. Andun yung comfortabilty."

Khatibi and Reyes got married on January 27, 2016. They have a daughter named Amarah. - ROBERT REQUINTINA/TEMPO


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards