John Lloyd Cruz thankful he chose career in showbiz



Award-winning actor John Lloyd Cruz has said that he does not have any dream roles as he celebrates his 20th anniversary in show business this year.

"I really value spontaneity. Doon ako na excite. I don't like to plan. This year I'm gonna make this film about whatever or I'm gonna be this character. Hindi nag wo work 'yung ganun sa akin eh. If I encounter a role, yan, sige tara. Pagtripan natin yan. Or may project. 'Uy sama mo naman ako sa project mo, sige na. Trip-trip lang.' Doon s'ya nangyayari eh," said Cruz, during an interview on "Tonight With Boy Abunda" on ABS CBN.

"I think my best choices in life is galing sa trip-trip lang," Cruz said.


The Kapamilya hearthrob appeared on the late-night talk show to promote his latest film "Finally Found Someone" with Sarah Geronimo.

Cruz also faced the golden mirror on the program as he talked to the 14-year-old John Lloyd Cruz. "I think you made the right choice."

"Alam ko kinakabahan ka. Being 34 is not easy. Grabe yung mga decisions you need to make. So dude OK lang yan. Don't be afraid because it's gonna be a good ride.


"I just wanna tell the audience, kasi walang nagsasabi nito sa akin eh. It's okay to be different. In the end, talagang it's gonna be you, yourself," Cruz added.

Cruz also marks his 20th year in show business this year.

Asked what he has become of, Cruz said: "Unang una, hindi ko naman inisip nung 14 ako na gagawa ako ng pelikula with Sarah Geronimo, makakapareha ko si Bea Alonzo. At 14, when I joined the business, and talagang pure business, I just want to help my family financially."


"I remember during 'Tabing-Ilog,' nung nang evolve yung aking being part of the business, nag evolve sya into something na 'wow binibigyan ko na ng halaga yung craft na tinatawag nila.' I think it was meant to happen. I was working with the likes of Daria Ramirez, Pen Medina, Caridad Sanchez," he said.

Last month, Cruz threw a party when he turned 34 years old. Rogue Magazine described the rare occasion as the "wildest party of the year."

Asked why it was called the wildest party, Cruz said: "Malalaya ang mga kaibigan ko. Malalaya kami. And we express it through art, music, in good times. If you want to throw a good party, that's all you need." - ROBERT REQUINTINA/TEMPO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards