Mariel de Leon apologizes to Mocha Uson



Bb. Pilipinas International 2017 Mariel de Leon has apologized to Mocha Uson, newly appointed assistant secretary for social media of the Presidential Communications Operations Office, for her negative comments on the appointment of the Palace official.

"Like all Filipinos, I love my country and I hope for a better Philippines. With or without a crown, I will continue to show my love for the nation by discussing issues that affect us. I apologize to anyone who was offended as it was not my intention to do so. I wish Asec Mocha Uson success in her job. Moving forward, I will use this title as a platform to promote unity for the country. #AnythingAndEverythingForThePhilippines,” said de Leon on Twitter.

De Leon was bashed by some netizens following her reaction to the appointment of Uson.


"Biased and disrespectful. She insults those who are against her. I'm not for her, I'm not for the other side (whatever that may be). I love my country so it breaks my heart to know someone like her got a position in the govt."

But Uson took De Leon's comments on a positive manner.

“Sorry po Bb. Pilipinas. I’ll take note po of your tweets at pagbubutihin ko po para sa bayan at para sayo po,” said Uson.


De Leon then ended the issue involving her reaction to Uson's appointment.

"It proves that we can accept each other's opinions & differences and still let peace, democracy, and love for country prevail. It is done,” the beauty queen from Las Pinas said.

Despite this, De Leon vowed to remain vocal about controversial issues.

"I'm proud to wear the sash that says 'Philippines' but I hope that change will come. And I hope that I can use my voice and my platform to be part of that change," de Leon wrote on Twitter. - ROBERT REQUINTINA


TAGS: Bb Pilipinas, beauty queen, Mariel de Leon, Mocha Uson











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards