Lea Salonga mulls rejecting fan photo requests




Singer-actress Lea Salonga has said that she is mulling over rejecting fan requests for photos after some fans approached her daughter Nicole Beverly and made her cry.

"Let me get this off my chest. There were some fans who yesterday approached my daughter. Afterwards she ran back to me in tears, scared," said Salonga in a series of tweets.

"For the most part I try to be accommodating. But when you mess with my kid and make her cry, you've messed with me;" she said. "And you do not want to see me angry."

Salonga has called on fans to respect their personal space and boundaries.

"If she develops a hatred for fans, I honestly cannot blame her. On behalf of all artists, please respect our personal space and boundaries," she said.

"I may have to start refusing photo requests from fans now. Thanks a lot, you guys. I hope you're proud of what you've done. #MadMama," Salonga added.

Despite the untoward incident, Salonga said that her daughter is back to her bubbly self.

"Nic is fine, and is her normal, bubbly self. To those that sent messages of support and understanding, thank you. Much appreciated," she added.


The Broadway superstar also reacted to reports that the live-action version of "Mulan" will hit the theaters soon.

"So what do I think about the live-action Mulan not having the songs? I think it's pretty cool! Let the film be a different thing altogether!" Salonga said.

"Hang on. This may just be a great decision. If the live action Cinderella is any indication, we're in for a really cool ride," she said.

"I ask for two things from the live-action Mulan: one, an Asian actress that'd be believable as a boy or a man, and a hunky Shang;"

"The original legend of Mulan existed for over 1,000 years without the music. The new film will stand proud and tall without the songs," Salonga added.

It would be recalled that Salonga sang one of the theme songs of the 1998 animated movie entitled "Reflections".

The critically-acclaimed movie based on Chinese legend Hua Mulan grossed more than $300 million in box-office. - Robert Requintina/TEMPO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diego Loyzaga on viral nude video: 'It was an accident'

Sharon Cuneta slams noisy condo construction

The Philippines' handsomest security guards